Tuesday 31 July 2012

CARLES PUYOL SET TO RE-NEW CONTRACT WITH BACELONA

Barcelona captain Carles Puyol is
confident of imminently agreeing
a contract extension with the
team, admitting that he is intent
on finishing his career at Camp
Nou.
The veteran defender has just
been given the all-clear to return
to action after the knee
operation that ruled him out of the
Euro 2012 and his goal now is to
resolve the current uncertainty
surrounding his Blaugrana
future.
"I will try to finish my career
here," he told reporters on
Tuesday moring. "I have the desire and
the enthusiasm to keep playing
and if the club wants me to stay
here, I will continue with them.
"I have always been highly valued
by the club and the fans, so there
is no problem concerning my
renewal in that regard and I
don't think it will be a very
complicated process to undergo."
Puyol admitted that after being
forced to sit out his country's
summer success in Poland and
Ukraine, he cannot wait to get
back on the field of play, though he was
unable to specify when exactly
that will be.
"I feel good and I trained hard,"
he said. "I'm happy that I
have been cleared [to return to
training by health experts].
"I will try to do as much as
possible with the squad and then
we'll see what happens. For now,
what I have to do is get well
physically and then wait and see
how the knee responds to game."
Puyol, who has 99 Spain caps to
his name, came through the
youth team ranks at Barcelona
and has been captain since year 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment