Sunday 5 August 2012

MANCHESTER UNITED YOUNG STAR MICHAEL KEANE HAPPY WITH HIS ROLE IN THE GAME AGAINST VALERENGA

Manchester United youngster
Michael Keane was very delighted to
receive his chance to perform in
the Red Devils' first team during
the 0-0 draw with Valerenga.
With regular left-back Patrice Evra
flying home to be with his
pregnant wife as she went into
labour, Keane was given a
chance to line-up in the United
defence despite not
playing the role for more than a
year.
Regardless of the unexpected
nature of the call-up to the starting eleven, the youngster was
happy with his performance, and
that of his team.
"It was strange," the 19-year-old
lad told MUTV. "I've not played there
[left-back] for over a year now,
but I thought I adapted quite
well to the position and Rio and
all the other players helped me
out so much, so I thought I did quite
well.
"They've all got great experience
and they're great players to play
with,I grew up watching all of
them and to play in the same
team as them is great thing as I really
enjoyed it."
Keane now hopes to be given a
chance to take on Catalan giants
Barcelona on Wednesday but
insisted that he would enjoy
watching United face Tito
Vilanova's team even if he was
not involved the game.
"We've only been here a day but
we had a good time around the
hotel and the game today was a
great experience," he said.
"It [the Barcelona game] is a
great occasion for everyone and
it will just be a great game to
watch,I will never mind play in if I get
a chance. I'm looking forward to
it."
United captain Nemanja Vidic
made his return from a knee
injury in the 0-0 with the
Norwegian side, and was
impressed by Keane's
performance in the match.
"I'm glad he's had a full ninety
minutes," the Serbian said, "He
was confident on the ball and it's
a big change from the youth
academy, obviously, and I think
he did really great."

No comments:

Post a Comment